Friday, August 10, 2007

The Dog Ate My Library Book

I could blame it on limited computer access, too much family, too little privacy, an attention-demanding toddler, the inertia of summer vacation, or global warming melting by brain (and almost all of those excuses would be true) but the truth of the matter is that I missed Bri's Blogshower because I was scared. Scared I wouldn't say something "good enough". Scared I wouldn't be funny. Scared nobody actually reads this blog anymore. Scared I would screw it up one way or another... which of course I did, by being oh, A WEEK LATE. For that, I apologize deeply. Know that I was thinking of you last week and ever since, even if I couldn't get it together until today.

I'm still having a lot of trouble coming up with what to say, other than this: I am so happy for you and Wes, and can't wait until TK is in your arms, bringing you to the end of one journey and launching you on another one full of bliss, bleary eyes, boobs, and poop. Oh, and cloth diapers. :) And I *really* can't wait to read about it, because you are one of the best, funniest, and most honest writers I know.

I'm even sorrier that I waited until now to write this, because you're facing yet another challenge on your road to the baby of your dreams. I hope that the bed rest, frustrating and scary as it is, does what it's supposed to and that you are able to go into labor on your own (after the photo shoot, of course). And dear God, I hope your labor is NOTHING like Melissa's (no offense, Melissa, whom I don't even know).

But more than anything, I hope that the doppleness continues at least one step further, and that TK is every bit as wonderful as Natalie is, and helps the agony of the past years fade into a dull ache that is usually forgotten in the quiet beauty of the present. And he will be.

3 Comments:

  • Um, this was written by Jen. Except I wrote it on Cait's computer so it looks like she posted it....

    By Blogger Jen, at 11:50 PM  

  • I still read ya'll.

    By Blogger Ash, at 9:01 AM  

  • Thank you so, so much for this, Doppel friend. Sorry I didn't see it until now, thanks to the bed rest. I am so glad you appeared in my life and so grateful for all the advice and support. Much love to you three.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home