Monday, March 07, 2005

Trepidation + excitement =

my first blog!

A year ago I vaguely knew about blogging but I doubt I read them with any frequency. Little did I know what the next year would bring and how much blogs would be critical to maintaining my sanity. But even a few months ago I would have been doubtful if you told me I'd be a blogger in the near future.

For the past few weeks, the idea has become more and more tempting. I found myself thinking, "This would make a great entry" or "If I were going to blog, I'd write it like this." But I wrestled with the fear that I have nothing to say, and that the fun of a blog would soon give way to pressure to write. (Not that those fears are gone, mind you.) But inevitably, the power of the Internet sucked me in like Mega-Maid hoovered up the air of Druidia, and... I'm blogging.

I hope that I will have something interesting to say from time to time, and that I'll have a reader or two, and that it will be fractionally as helpful to my psyche as reading blogs have been. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

  • Yay! You're blogging! Welcome to the world! :)

    By Blogger Display, at 10:28 AM  

  • Jen, I'm so glad I found your blog! I have had a molar pregnancy too and I know what you are going through so if there is anything you want to share you know where to go.
    When will you guys get the go ahead to start trying again?

    By Blogger Ana, at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home