Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Holy Cow! It's Okay!

After a tension filled afternoon of delays and frustration (while I had thought to ask if they had an ultrasound machine in the office, I didn't know I needed to ask if they USED it) we finally had our appointment and a (sort of black market) ultrasound and EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD!

The new practice is ok -- a bit uptight and LOUSY at staying on schedule -- but the doctor we saw today was spectacular. Dr. Grrrreat was friendly, compassionate, totally welcoming of Cait, and supportive of our panic. When she saw how distraught we were at the possibility of waiting for a sonogram, she snuck us into the ultrasound room and did it herself, although she advised us, "I'm not a pro with this machine." And she wasn't, but she was so sweet and finally able to get it to cooperate. We saw a very fuzzy Harpo*, the heartbeat, and some movement. THAT was way cool.

She was so awesome that she scheduled us for a REAL ultrasound next week, too, even though we've had way more than the norm for her practice. So, YAY Dr. Grrrreat and YAY! YAY! YAY! Harpo! Keep on growing and beating and jumping!

*Should I decide to switch careers again, I am definitely avoiding ultrasonography. The doctor and Cait were all like, "Oh, yeah, there it is! Wow!" and I was having a Rachel-from-Friends moment.

13 Comments:

  • go Harpo, go Harpo, go, go, go Harpo - but Narda says it's no longer a Harpo, it's now a FETUS - hmmm, what rhymes with fetus - Cleatus the Fetus! heh - I like that - YEAH Cleatus!

    :)

    Mazel Tov dears,
    xxoxox,
    S

    By Blogger Shelli, at 8:11 PM  

  • I'm glad that the appointment went well! Now you can release a little sigh of relief. Way to go Harpo!

    By Blogger Sara, at 8:28 PM  

  • Congratulations!!

    By Blogger Trista, at 8:39 PM  

  • YAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys.

    Dance, Harpo, dance!

    Jenny

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

  • I couldn't be happier for you guys and your little Harpo! Yeah, I know that modern medicine goes way beyond necessity and is excessive and all, but hey, ain't ultrasounds great??? What a thrill to see your little one! Congrats.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 PM  

  • That's great news Jen! Congratulations!!

    By Blogger Ana, at 5:36 AM  

  • they are 10 weeks and 1 day today!

    Go Cleatus! :)

    By Blogger Shelli, at 8:27 AM  

  • His/her name is NOT Cletus (ew). We're sticking with Harpo for the time being. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

    PS - Another reason for the name Harpo which we forgot to mention is that we are HUGE Finding Nemo freaks and loved it when Ellen (I mean Dory) kept calling Nemo everything BUT Nemo (Bingo, Fabio, Elmo). So in that tradition... Harpo!

    By Blogger Jen, at 9:47 AM  

  • What great news (& a great relief, I'm sure)! Congrats!

    By Blogger b., at 10:15 AM  

  • EXCELLENT! Harpo, good baby!

    [How is that a reason for naming him/her Harpo??]

    By Blogger Lioness, at 11:08 AM  

  • OK, OK - so it's not Cletus, it's Harpo...

    :)

    By Blogger Shelli, at 2:56 PM  

  • Besides, my niece has already named *my* fetus Elmo. You can't have Elmo, but you can have something close to it.

    Personally, I'm sticking with Ebry.

    By Blogger Display, at 3:00 PM  

  • SSSIIIIIGH of relief. :o)

    And MY future fetus will be called Cletus. Hee. That rhymes and right now it's the funniest thing I've ever seen in print.

    Oh, and I DO get the Nemo reference:

    "Your son Harpo?"
    "NEMO!"

    By Blogger hd, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home