Saturday, June 03, 2006

Miscellania

At six weeks (seven now, since it took us so long to get this post up), Natalie is taking up some new patterns.

1) She started sleeping through the night. We try not to talk about it too much for fear of evoking the wrath of the gods or other sleep deprived parents. We don't know how long it will last, but we're enjoying the 5-8 hour stretch while it's here. (Other new parents, please don't kill us.)

2) She has stopped pooping. Originally, she was a multiple times a day kind of girl. Then every other day. Now it's unpredictable. Last week she went 7 days. We live in terror of the poopsplosions to come.

3) If you want to see any of her other patterns, take a look at her Trixie Tracker site. Yes, I know we're geeks, but it's fun. My dad says it gives new meaning to the "permanent record" the nuns were always threatening him with.

Natalie has also had a number of visitors in the last weeks. Most importantly, William, the baby of my very good friends from college. He was due the day after Natalie, but decided he wanted out 5 weeks early. He's got pretty cool parents, so I can see why. Natalie and Will had a good time getting to know each other, though they primarily took turns doing the awake shift. We're looking forward to getting them together over the summer, and many many more times in the future.

Natalie is named for Jen's great grandmother. After Jay, Erica, and Will left, Jen's mom pointed out that the elder Natalie was married to... William. Fascinating. Hopefully this means they'll at least be good friends.

My dad also finally got to meet Natalie. She quickly won both his heart and the heart of my stepmom. We also learned that my tendency to lie on the floor with the baby while ignoring all else is, in fact, genetic.

Basically, Natalie's future's so bright....

5 Comments:

  • Gahh! Too cute! Quit it, or I'll start ovulating early, and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT. Love her little fishy hat! You do know she's your Mini-me, right? At least yours showed some gratitude, my child looks exactly like her non-gestating parent =)

    Ooh, I just had a thought...maybe one day she'll get Cait's mad archery skills and you'll post pics of an itty bitty bow and arrow set =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 PM  

  • Look at the round, cute little thing! I LOVE the photo of her with your dad. And hey, he's a hottie!
    Does he write for the Smithsonian Magazine, by any chance? I think there was a humorous article about the "permanent record" in one sort of recent edition.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM  

  • too cute! I love the trixie tracker.....what a positive reinforcement for those of us who have to have everything organized!

    By Blogger Paige, at 3:25 PM  

  • I LOVE the sunglasses!

    By Blogger Gus, Clay and Mommy, at 9:24 PM  

  • Those babes are all adorable!! Thanks for the update-- I was missing you guys!

    By Blogger Katie, at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home