Sunday, February 10, 2008

Waaaaah.

We said we weren't going to do it. We cringed when other people did it.* But today...we cut our daughter's hair. For a long time it was hidden well enough by the curls and the pigtails, but really, Natalie's hair was quite uneven and only getting worse. A bit mullet-like, but really more just messy and shaggy looking. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the shag and the long curly back. But even I could admit that it was starting to look a little wild-child-ish. And Jen's mom began hinting that if we didn't do something about it soon we might pick her up one day to find it done for us. So we figured it was better to take matters into our own hands.

We didn't touch the front. Neither of us felt comfortable cutting bangs, and then we'd just have to keep cutting it. We'll just continue pulling it back so that she can see. And really, it continues to look a little wild because of the curls. But it's a more or less one length wild now. And there's a little baggie of curls to waiting to be added to her woefully neglected baby book. Waaah.

*No, not at the results. Don't go getting all offended. We admitted the cuteness of the after shots. It was more the implication that these children were growing up, and the slightly older look post-cut.

9 Comments:

  • Aww, I know exactly how you feel. I still feel like that when my daughter gets a haircut and she's three! Also, I'm sure people tell you this all the time, but Natalie's hair color is gorgeous.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:43 PM  

  • We just had our boys' first haircuts last weekend, too. I mourn the loss, but they do look awfully cute with their new looks. And also, I felt pretty bad about the fact that there was always hair in their eyes.
    Anyway, they are indeed growing up. but also, growing cuter and dearer, no?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 PM  

  • yeah. sigh.

    I look at all of the pictures "pre-cut," and I get a little sad.

    By Blogger Shelli, at 8:36 PM  

  • Ah...all too recently familiar for me. And you've just reminded me to go locate OUR little bag of curls, which I have not seen since the fateful haircut.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 PM  

  • Awwwh!

    But she has such gorgeous hair, so it's still awesome.

    xo

    By Blogger Jude, at 9:08 PM  

  • I bet that was a little emotional for you. A little further from that little baby.

    By Blogger SassyCupcakes, at 7:39 AM  

  • Thanks for your kind comments on my blog, I really appreciate it.

    By Blogger SassyCupcakes, at 5:03 AM  

  • I meme'd you--I hope you don't mind.
    I'm not sure if I comment here a lot or not--oh right, I do it anoynmously because I've never been able to to get the login to work.
    Sarah
    http://dreamsandfalsealarms.typepad.com/my_weblog/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:29 PM  

  • We all have the haircut drama!

    Weirdly now Thomas is big - he looks smaller and younger once it is cut! That is only about eight years away for you!

    By Blogger Clare, at 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home