Friday, January 25, 2008

Noted

  • Have you ever sang a song with intentionally altered lyrics so many times you forget the real lyrics? We sing "Psycho Baby, qu'est-ce que c'est*" to Natalie all the time. It is an AWESOME song to sing to babies. They are psycho A LOT, and the rest of the lyrics are useful, too: "Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa**... better run run run run run away." Yesterday I heard the original on the radio and was baffled to hear the original "Killer".
  • Natalie loves music - she always has. She's starting to "sing" more and more these days, though there's very little tune to her singing - it's more like spoken word performance. She does, however, like to create lullabyes on her bathtub xylophone. She bangs on a key over and over, hollering "Lullabye! Lullabye!" VERY soothing.
  • The other day in the car, Natalie asked for a song but it took me a LONG time to figure out what she wanted. She said, and this is a direct quote/transliteration, "Something ham run away." Can you guess the song?
*Which I would spell "kess ca say" because I don't speak that weird language. "Qu'est-ce que c'est"?!?!?!?!?!? WTF?
**I think the French spell it "fha's fha fhasq...".

5 Comments:

  • I have two nieces who are toddlers, so I speak toddler, I hope. Is she singing "Where is Thumbkin?"

    I'm thinking it's the "Here I am, Here I am...then, run away, run away"

    By Blogger Rhi, at 9:39 PM  

  • Nicely done! She was, indeed, requesting "Where is Thumbkin."

    By Blogger Cait, at 8:52 AM  

  • Note to self: download and burn cd of Talking Heads "Psycho Killer" for next week's music group. Type up lyrics.

    By Blogger pookchop, at 6:16 PM  

  • Kate asks for "thumbkin" by holding up her two index fingers, wiggling them and saying "poo poo"...confused us a bit at first...

    Qu'est-ce que c'est literally means (French) "what is it that it is?" wordy b---ds, those French...heh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 PM  

  • Well, at tleast you realized that they were saying "Qu'est-ce que c'est" even if you didn't know how to spell it. Up until now I always thought the lyrics went, "Psycho killer, escapade..." !

    By Blogger Natalie, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home