Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Dude, Where's My Sperm?

Although it's only Tuesday, I got a rude shock via voicemail from the RE's office this morning. I had called to check on how many vials of sperm we had in storage -- I couldn't remember if we had 5 or 6 -- and whether they were IUI or ICI prepped. I nearly dropped the phone when the message said, "You have three vials, two ICI and one IUI."

Now, the subversive plans I mentioned yesterday DO involve stealing sperm... but I meant that WE'D steal our own sperm back from the RE and insem at home!!! Somebody else stealing it is COMPLETELY OUT OF THE QUESTION!

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, it remains to be seen) I don't think anyone did steal our sperm. Either the bank sent the wrong amount or the doctor's office has fucked up somehow. It doesn't really matter, because regardless of whose fault it is it will take much researching and phone calling and arguing before we can find out what happened, and I'm quite worried that we will get screwed in the end.

Only no one will get pregnant.

1 Comments:

  • the mind boggles on how frozen vials of sperm can be "lost".. and as this is my first comment on your blog i'll not indulge my usual incredibly funny insightful but aus humour antics, so i'll just say... I love your blog it's refreshing and funny and very human.. wishing you both the best of everything..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home