Wednesday, July 27, 2005

This is your brain on 100 degree heat.

Too hot to post anything coherent....

I have fragments of posts draped limply about my brain but can't dredge up the will to marshal them into something worth reading. I'll share a few fragments to tide you over:
-The counter replacement is done and looks fantastic (pictures tomorrow, hopefully) but the house is trashed as a result. I'm exhausted from all the prep work but LOOOOOOVE the new counter. Home improvements are like a drug!
-My thoughts about TTC ricochet from despair (this cycle must be another bust; what if my uterus is now some kind of toxic environment) to insanity (IVF has higher success rates, maybe I should try that) to foolishly hopeful (was that nausea?). Thankfully there's quite a bit going on in the rest of my life to provide some distraction.
-Why is it that I always end up mowing the lawn on the heat advisory days?! No pollution worries - push mower or electric - but man, the sweating must count as some sort of environmental hazard!
-I just read Life of Pi (Wow! amazing book! I can't wrap my head around all of it but it was superb) and am moving on to HP6. The contrast amuses me. No HP spoiler worries here - I can't STAND finding out about a book or a movie before I experience it on my own terms!
-Cait and I are going on a long overdue vacation (actually, a series of short trips with one long trip in the middle) starting Friday. HALLELUJAH!
-On Monday I was "playing mom" and took GiggleGirl to her swimming lesson and then dropped her off at daycare. Although it's not unusual for us to have kids around (hardly a day goes by without one or more children spending some time in our house) I loved the ordinariness of this - taking her to the pool, hanging out with the moms on the side, dressing her and doing her hair before school. THIS is what I want - the beauty of the mundane.

Right now my kitchen is beautiful but nothing in my life can be called mundane, so I think I'll head to bed with HP and try to forget about the TWW, the mountain of crap in the rest of my house, and the blasted heat.

4 Comments:

  • Oh finish the HP already, you are killing me!

    By Blogger Lioness, at 8:37 AM  

  • Shit, when on Friday are you leaving?

    I finally got my act together, so you should be getting a package friday.

    By Blogger Brooke, at 12:38 PM  

  • the heat FINALLY broke.

    Can't wait to see you two!

    xoxox,
    S

    By Blogger Shelli, at 1:55 PM  

  • I, too, loved Life of Pi, and try to get everyone I know to read it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home