Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Clarification and New Info

The House of AdProb would like to thank all the commenters (in the past several months, really) for all of their support and advice. It's so great to be able to get input and reassurance from people all over the world!

Having said that - and we truly mean it - we have some rebuttals and commentary on the comments! :)

Cait responds to the comments from yesterday: I'm not at all worried about Natalie's size. I know she's healthy, and I actually adore her chub. I'm not even that terribly worried about the ped saying something next week. We're good at ignoring the information/opinions we don't need. I just like to go in prepared. And it does annoy me a little when people focus so much on her size.

Jen created these charts today (thanks, Trista!), which actually make me think they probably won't say anything.

WEIGHT
Weight Chart

HEIGHT
Height Chart

Her height hasn't really changed in proportion to her weight--I just thought she'd been in a higher band for height than she had been--and she's following a lovely curve.

Jen adds: I think yesterday's post was at least in part an outlet for some stress that had nothing to do with Natalie. We all had a bit of a frantic day yesterday starting with the 7 am doctor's appointment (and as an aside to my aside, who in their right mind makes a baby's appointment at 7 am? Me, that's who, but the right-mindedness is quite debatable. Getting us out the door to an office that is 15 minutes away without traffic was ludicrous - but we were only 4 minutes late!) and things went a bit haywire at each of our jobs, such that Cait went in with Natalie on her day off and I ended up going over to help after my school let out. So instead of worrying about the crisis (now resolved) at Cait's school which was the real problem, we got anxious about Natalie's height curve slipping. Which, when we look at the chart, it really didn't. I knew it seemed crazy that her height would suddenly be so out of sync with her weight, when her general appearance hasn't changed, but I couldn't remember the name or address of the growth chart website (and didn't have time to engage in major Googling, since my work stress just continued today). Trista was on our wavelength, though, and inadvertently did the research for me! I tell you, girl, you're a born librarian!

And now we're off to pack for another trip. We're off this weekend to see Natalie's grandma - another four generation gathering in the rust belt. Whee!

P.S. If you want to use the growth charts yourself, they're over here.

9 Comments:

  • When I said yesterday, "We have the opposite problem with weight over here," I meant that the doc harasses us because the boys are low in weight- *not* meaning to imply that Natalie's weight is problematic. Just wanted to clarify that I was meaning to commiserate about annoying doctors, not our babies' weight.

    By Blogger lagiulia, at 9:13 AM  

  • I must be out of it with doctors, or we just have that good ole fashioned southern style of raising kids but she looks just fine to me! My grandma always said, if she couldnt pinch an inch then we werent feeding them enough. lol

    My oldest daughter was a little "chunky monkey" (I used to call all my kids that) and now she is thin as a rail. I dont know where she got that from though because i'm certianly not.lol

    Natalie looks just perfect to me! She is perfectly snuggle-able. Is that a word? lol

    I love seeing pictures of her growing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 PM  

  • Hi,

    Natalie looks so happy and healthy, but it's easy to slip into confusion when you start think something too much, especially when it comes to your baby's health.

    I didn't take him to the baby clinic for a few months after a disagreement with the nurse, and the next time I did go in with him I was quite nervous because he had started crawling and lost a lot of his chubbiness. To my surprise, the nurse actually said "his weight has come down nicely!". You just never know...!

    By Blogger lauranen, at 2:59 PM  

  • Our kid was a huge baby, always OFF the charts, but we were never worried. Once they start walking and running they start thinning out. Oh and I like the basket pictures. I wish we would have done that!

    By Blogger Merr, at 2:59 PM  

  • glad I could help!

    By Blogger Trista, at 3:31 PM  

  • I wouldn't worry too much about it. We have a friend who's 6 month old was 22 lbs at 26 inches and the pediatrician wasn't alarmed.
    She sounds like a perfectly healthy child.

    By Blogger Holly, at 8:47 PM  

  • I'd just shrug and say, "I'd don't know how she got so big, we don't feed her."

    I wish your family reunion were out here.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 PM  

  • Natalie's height and weight chart look exactly like my daughter's! At this exact age, her height slowed down. Then she grew a couple of inches almost overnight. She was a huggable, loveable chubbykins, and I loved it! As soon as she started to walk, she slimmed down, and sometime I miss her double chins and dimply elbows.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 AM  

  • I don't have anything to say about the size stuff because I know you know she's fine, but just wanted to say that whenever I see a picture of her, I just think how amazingly adorable and wonderful she looks. She's perfect!

    By Blogger Mo, at 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home