Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bzz-Bzz-Bzz-Bzz-Bzz

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sorry for the silence around here lately. We're absurdly busy, as are so many right now (and they've said it better). Hopefully things will calm down someday (June? July? 2027?) and we'll have more to say. In the meantime, a few bullets to keep you up to date:
  • I've pretty much quit pumping, which is working fine. I have one of the world's biggest freezer stashes, and that ought to keep Natalie covered through the end of the school year. (Actually, I think she could bathe in it and still have enough for the rest of the school year.)
  • The downside is that pumping time was blog-reading (and commenting, and writing) time. Now I don't have that anymore! Hence, I am way behind on reading, let alone commenting (and, obviously, posting).
  • I did finally get things resolved with the I*R*S, and they determined that (duh!) I was entitled to the full interest deduction, so all is well in that department. Phew. And it only consumed 364 days of my life to get it sorted out.
  • On the other hand, Cait won't be able to take the full adoption tax credit because she doesn't make enough money. We won't be losing too much, but it's still a loss. Ah, well. It's more than worth it to have both of us be legal parents. But annoying all the same.
  • We continue to work on sleep issues. No matter what we do, someone in this house is having trouble sleeping. Last night it was me. Only my problem isn't sleeping per se, it's functioning immediately after waking up. Natalie fussed in the middle of the night, so I looked at the clock, saw that it was 5 am, and went to get her for her morning nurse. It was only after greeting her and picking her up that I saw the clock in her room which clearly said 12:20 am. Oops. In the end I had to feed her anyway to get her back to sleep. I just hope I haven't clobbered the nightweaning we achieved during spring break!
  • Still no period, despite the nightweaning (except for last night's SNAFU, we go a minimum of 8 hours overnight without nursing) and cessation of pumping (giving me another 8-10 hour block without nursing M-F). I've never WANTED my period like this before (except after the molar pregnancy, and that was a bit different).
ASIDE: Do you see why I don't post? I'm just not capable of being concise.
  • One last bullet before bed: We have a new car! Details (and hopefully pictures) to follow after this weekend when we take it on a road trip to Cait's sister's graduation....

8 Comments:

  • Cait should be able to do a "carry-forward" and take part of the tax credit next year as well. Example:

    "Can families claim the full credit over multiple years?

    Yes, the credit can be applied against tax liability over six years or whenever expenses reach the $10,390 cap (2004), whichever comes first. IRS Publication 8839 provides a worksheet for calculating the credit carry forward."

    Ask your accountant....

    By Blogger Gus and Clay's Mama, at 7:41 AM  

  • My friend did not get her period back for 15 months after her first baby. She was a co-sleeping ap mom. But she got pg (accidentally at that - she and her husband were like "Did we have sex? When? Oh yeah....." It was pretty funny.) within 3 months after her ppaf.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM  

  • I wouldn't stress about the accidental night nursing. Way back in the day when I was a-lactatin', I made the brilliant move of nightweaning Dorian just a few weeks before our trip to Italy. What with the jet lag and excitement of being in new places, I was quickly forced to start cosleeping and night-nursing again for the duration of the trip. I was worried that I'd have to go through the whole nightweaning drama again, but once we were home, he just snapped back into his routine of sleeping in his crib and not demanding midnight snacks. So I think you'll be just fine... but maybe to be safe, for the next day or two you should have Cait check on Natalie if she wakes up in the middle of the night.

    Sorry, Cait. Feel free to throw something at me, if you feel the need. Preferably something yummy. A samosa, maybe.

    By Blogger Summer, at 9:08 AM  

  • Mama, thanks for the tip. I should not post so late at night... I meant she won't get the full tax credit EVEN with taking it both years.

    Jenny, I just find it weird that now that I'm NOT cosleeping or pumping it's still gone. Oh, well.

    Summer, how weird - I was eating a samosa just minutes ago. :)

    By Blogger Jen, at 9:16 AM  

  • Oh! SIX years! SIX! We thought it was only two. Thanks, Mama!

    By Blogger Jen, at 9:17 AM  

  • are you wanting your period back so you can get started on #2?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 PM  

  • Is anyone else waiting for Jen to answer Trista's question?

    By Blogger Display, at 9:56 PM  

  • Mine came back a month or two after the end of pumping, which was a month or two after the end of midnight snacking.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home