Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The "Splinter" Has Been Removed

The deed is done, though our friend/midwife explained her oddly-timed absence to her kids by telling them she was coming to help me with a splinter!

So here I lie, letting the sperm do their swimming thing. JT, I do plan to work on seating charts while I am propped up on the pillows, but my lesson plans are done for the week. That's the beauty of teaching all the grades and seeing one class from each grade each day - once I do them for Monday (or in this case, Tuesday) I just repeat and refine for the rest of the week. But I digress.

It *is* different to try for #2. Obviously our logistical issues were made more challenging by having to work around Natalie's needs. But it's different psychologically, too. I swear to you, I NEVER ONCE thought to myself during our TTC and pregnancy with Natalie, "Ohmigod, what are we doing?" I knew what I wanted and was just waiting, waiting, waiting. This time, though, not more than 4 minutes after sperm entered my body, the unbidden thought came flitting through my mind. It was brief, and it was mostly about our small house and modest income, but it was a thought I hadn't experienced before.

I hope that the TWW will be made easier by the distractions, both positive and those of the irritating logistical type, of having a toddler. Based on our experience since the spotting on Saturday, I fear it won't be.

Cait is entertaining and diverting herself by playing with tickers. I'll leave you with our favorite so far:


11 Comments:

  • CD 508 -- yes, that is damn amusing.

    Good luck, and safe journeys to the sperm! May they find something exciting at their destination. And know what to do about it, when they get there.

    By Blogger Jody, at 10:57 PM  

  • Good luck -- keeping my fingers crossed

    By Blogger Miss W, at 11:14 PM  

  • Woo hoo! Go swimteam go!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 AM  

  • A long time lurker stopping by to say good luck to you and your family. As an SMC of two, I can tell you it will be worth it all.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:43 AM  

  • Woo hoo!

    You are sperminated.

    And yes, we've had that thought, too.

    And it will probably even feel MORE bizarre after we meet with Nicole on the 28th.

    gulp.

    Lots of luck! May it be healthy, happy, and a FAST journey~!

    By Blogger Shelli, at 10:44 AM  

  • Yay! I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you to the world of 2-child households soon!

    By Blogger lagiulia, at 1:35 PM  

  • Been thinking of you both all day. Hoping the seating plans and the swimmers are all working out well.

    By Blogger JT, at 6:17 PM  

  • Great Ticker

    By Blogger Kimmyann, at 9:44 PM  

  • Bon courage!

    By Blogger Katie, at 10:06 PM  

  • Go Swimteam!!!
    So exciting!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  

  • Yay! Baby time again!

    By Blogger Claudia, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home