Monday, June 16, 2008

What's the sign for astonished?


Take that, Prizey!, originally uploaded by jrustdc.

So I still may be the Biggest Prizey Loser EVAH! but I don't care!! A few hours after I put up my whiny post about the empty package that came in the mail, I was astonished to get an email notifying me that RACHEL COLEMAN had commented on the post. I was like a giddy kid!

Here's the transcript of the chat I had with Cait seconds later:
me: HOLY FUCKING SHIT
cait: what?
me: "Rachel Coleman has left a new comment on your post "The Biggest Prizey Loser EVAH!" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cait: oh my god
me: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
cait: that's awesome

That alone would have made up for the missing prize, but Rachel generously offered to make us "The Biggest Signing Time Winners EVAH!"... and did she ever come through! Friday we got this glorious package. Natalie had been up too late the night before so we didn't dare open the package before she went to bed, but the temptation was too strong for her bad, star-struck moms to avoid. We opened the box and oohed and aahed and giggled.

Especially at THIS:



When we showed the box and its contents to Natalie the next morning, she bounced with glee. She's watched one video already and has a marvelous new vocabulary of animal signs (we can now ask which animal she wants for her morning vitamin in sign!). And there are so many more to explore!

I am signing a VERY big thank you to you right now, Rachel. This was beyond our wildest dreams!

4 Comments:

  • WOW!!!! Very exciting, for Natalie and her mommies. And Rachel Coleman has a new fan!

    By Blogger Shelly, at 9:36 AM  

  • I must live under a rock.

    By Blogger Display, at 11:57 AM  

  • No, Em. You're just better at not letting your kid watch TV than we are. It's certainly not an everyday thing here, but Signing Time DVDs are our guilty indulgence, and the reason that Natalie knows an insane number of signs.

    By Blogger Cait, at 8:46 PM  

  • that is so so cool!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home