Saturday, June 04, 2005

The family that sprays together...

Being a lesbian and having a committed, interested partner who is directly involved with every aspect of attempting to conceive and carry a child is great. Whenever I read posts and blog entries by other women who say, "My husband (or partner, lots of non-carrying women are only interested in the end result) could care less about my cervical mucous (or temperatures, or OPKs or symptoms)," I am reminded of how glad I am to have Cait to share in my obsessions and help me sort through endless permutations and combinations of insemination timing and strategies. Hell, she even charted with me in solidarity for the first eight months!

But sometimes, to be honest, it sucks. Like right now. I have a brand new (ok, TWO brand new) packages of First Response Early Results HPTs sitting in the bathroom just BEGGING to be dipped in the waiting cup of pee. And I can't. Because I know that Cait wants to be there for any test (preferably any positive test) and that I want her to be there too. But I feel a little bit like an alcoholic must feel with an open bottle of her preferred hooch sitting on the table in front of her....

5 Comments:

  • I wonder if you resisted...

    Didn't you already test today? (what a silly question... sorry)

    I, for one, resisted testing again today by peeing as quickly as possible every time I had to at the shower I was at all evening - now there is no way I will be able to stay up 4 hours to test again. I thought this was a rather clever way to foil my own self. But then, I couldn't have done it without the shower to attend. Thanks, best friend getting married.

    By Blogger Briar, at 10:39 PM  

  • Oh, I forgot to mention that your comment on my blog made me run out and see if my Target had such a sale on FRER's but they didn't. Still 2 for $10, but they now have 3 for $17 - what sense does that make, I ask you? Why would you not just buy two boxes of the 2? Hmph.

    While I was at it, I bought a box of the Clearblue digitals (also 2 for $10) just for kicks.

    But THAT'S ALL. I SWEAR.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 PM  

  • Yes, I resisted. But as soon as Cait walked in the door I said, "You have to read something on my blog right now!" Bupkus.

    The digital tests scare the crap out of me. I would HAAAAAAAATE to get one that said NOT PREGNANT. However, I did buy a 4 pack of them when they were on sale at Costco once. We plan to use them only if we're sure that they'll say PREGNANT. How ridiculous is that?

    By Blogger Jen, at 9:34 AM  

  • This is my plan, as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 AM  

  • I hear you, sister, and I feel your pain. My only salvation is that we just insemmed yesterday. Given my very limited past experience (read: one month), I know I will be able to think of enough things to divert my attention for approximately 10 days. Those last few, though...there should be some sort of lock-up facility for us!

    By Blogger hd, at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home