Friday, July 29, 2005

After (and Before)

Blogger (and our internet setup) sucks. Take three on this post...

The kitchen is finally finished and it looks fabulous. The rest of the house, however....

Thankfully, I am finally finished with my INSANE summer classes and can return to the land of the slightly more useful people and help with the house recovery. And maybe get some paint on those kitchen walls. The countertop is making everything look shabby. Shabby enough that Jen is considering buying a $60 dish drainer. And we all know how cheap Jen is.

Jen is trying to refrain from writing a whiny post about how everybody is getting pregnant and we're not. I've been in such a homework induced fog that I was startled to realize that we're 10 DPO. I'm such a lovely helpful partner these days. Part of me is convinced that we will be. After all it was this cycle a year ago to the day that worked. The other part of me is sure that just because of that, we won't be. And we'll be crushed. Not that we want that outcome again, but it would be nice to have that brief moment of hope (and excitement) before the terror sets in. Then there's a little part of my brain that is convinced that it will never happen. Not the getting pregnant, but the successful pregnancy part. Hearing the heartbeat, seeing the kid move on the ultrasound, watching that belly grow, feeling kicks, having a baby...those are just things that happen to other people. Jen's boobs are sore, which is good, but we're having trouble trusting any sign these days.

And so begins the madness and peeing of the last few days of the wait.

14 Comments:

  • Jen...step awaaay from the dish drainer. :) Seriously - that kitchen looks great! Excellent choice of countertops, you two. As for the rest of the house, try my mantra "everything in time..." Ha. Right.

    Oh, and BTW, I beat you to the "everybody's pregnant but me" post - you all deserve to post it much more than I do, with my whiny cystified up cycle, so go right ahead.

    Kate/Elowyn from FF

    By Blogger Elowyn, at 12:32 PM  

  • Countertop looks great - but how do you get in to the kitchen? It looks like you have to vault over then counter to get to the cooker! I know that can't be right, but I really couldn't work it out....
    Positive vibes for the madness of the next few days coming your way

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

  • Is it just me, or is all of FF suddenly pregnant?

    By Blogger Display, at 1:27 PM  

  • I want to know how to get into the kitchen too..........

    I'm so glad i wasnt the only "perplexed" one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 PM  

  • all of ff is pregnant right now. I'm not posting much there, I'm *^^$%%^$%(*&^ sick of writing Mazel Tov to STRANGERS!

    "Hi, I'm starting donor sperm. Oh look, I'm pregnant!"


    But bitter? me? NOOOOOOOOOO :)


    xoxoxox,
    S

    By Blogger Shelli, at 3:11 PM  

  • Oh, god, Shel, I'm SO glad to hear you say that! I was thinking that I was so horrible and you were some kind of goddess! I try to be happy and somewhere I am but I'm also like, "Where's the justice? Where's my baby?"
    (and if you're one of my newly-PG friends from FF, please know I am happy for your success, though my thoughts and emotions are tangled. The people who SHOW UP pregnant, on the other hand, are a bit much to take!)

    By Blogger Jen, at 5:01 PM  

  • Oh, and you can't see it in the pic, (obviously) but the wall on the left is only about 5 feet long. There's an opening between that wall and the fridge.

    By Blogger Jen, at 5:05 PM  

  • the kitchen, by the by, looks faboo! :) Are you going to paint? I have the WHOLE Benjamin Moore color fan at my house, and we can pour over it wheile you are here...

    Call, so we can plan your visit! :)

    By Blogger Shelli, at 8:10 AM  

  • The kitchen looks great and am SOOOO glad someone else wanted to know how to get in. I was picturing you both as super athletic as you, yes, vaulted into your kitchen and was hoping you never whacked yourselves in the head with the pans as you did ;-)

    I know I am new to FF but, uhm, yeah - happiness and jumbled emotions all around! And whoever thought it was cool to SHOW UP pregnant?!?!?! Good thing some of it is anon ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 AM  

  • I agree---FF is definitely overrun these days. There's a long-time buddy group I'm in where there are only 2 of us left in the IF realm and it sucks pretty hard. And, the rest of the circles? I SWEAR some of those people are making shit up.....they have to be....ERG. (lovely kitchen, by the way!) =)

    By Blogger deanna, at 9:33 AM  

  • Jen and Shelli I am right there with you.

    I don't even have a spermed up TWW to whine about. Sigh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 PM  

  • Er, yes, kitchen looking fabulous but how do you actually get IN said kitchen?? I mean, WHERE IS THE DOOR, WOMAN? Am I going mad bcs I cannot for the life of me see one?

    By Blogger Lioness, at 6:56 PM  

  • All right, mad AND blind. Will now write 500 times "Must Read Comments Bfr Posting"

    GAH.

    By Blogger Lioness, at 6:58 PM  

  • Well I'm glad someone asked (and explained) it before me, because yeah, I was wondering how to get into it too... but it looks great!

    By Blogger Estelle, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home