Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Pour Some Sugar on ME, Baby!

Wah-hoo!

If you heard a resounding cry of joy at about 1:45 pm Eastern Time today, that was probably me getting the news that I passed my GTT, and apparently quite resoundingly. The midwife said, "You must have felt AWFUL during the last hour since your blood sugar level was so insanely low!" And then proceeded to admonish me to make sure I eat regularly enough that I never let my blood sugar crash like that again. As if I did it on purpose! But the bottom line is, no gestational diabetes and no need to cut sugar out of my life for the next three months. Hooray, hooray, hooray!

Thanks to all who offered support, advice and encouragement. I agree, it really is overdiagnosed and in many cases not the huge problem it's made out to be, but there is a small history of diabetes in my family, so it was probably worthwhile to be sure. But OH, am I glad that's behind me!

11 Comments:

  • Woo and hoo! Now go have a cookie. :) Seriously, though, that's why I never order GTTs, even on non-preggos. Too much hypoglycemia, which leads to patients feeling like crap, and then they blame me! No thanks! :)

    Glad you're well.

    By Blogger Elowyn, at 3:49 PM  

  • Sweet, sweet relief! :)

    By Blogger b., at 4:23 PM  

  • YEA!! Wonderful news!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 PM  

  • Didja have a coke to celebrate?

    By Blogger Brooke, at 9:04 PM  

  • Yippee!! I'm so glad you don't have to deprive yourself for the next few months!! :)

    By Blogger Sara, at 10:11 PM  

  • yeehaw!

    By Blogger Shelli, at 10:50 PM  

  • Hey, Jen!

    As my Aussie sister-in-law would say, "good on ya!"

    By Blogger Marci, at 11:30 PM  

  • Hip-hip-hurray! Hip-hip-hurray!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 AM  

  • phew!!!
    well done!

    By Blogger Calliope, at 3:38 PM  

  • No GD GD! Hurrah!

    By Blogger Katie, at 11:29 PM  

  • Good news. I am impressed!! What are you going to eat now?

    By Blogger charlotte, at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home