Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday?

I woke up early this morning panicking. My spring break ends on Monday, and there's still no baby. Do I go back to work? Do I just stay home, but risk not having as much time with the baby once he/she's here? My mom is coming on Wednesday and will drive us both NUTS if there's no baby. The full moon has passed with nothing to show for it. I came downstairs and began doing what any sane person would do when stressed--shopping on ebay. Jen's computer's power cable is fried, so I thought I'd look for one.

Jen came down shortly thereafter to ask why on earth I was up. She tried to reassure me, and then said, "besides, my underwear is really wet." Soooo...we trooped upstairs to examine the discarded garments. Definitely wet. Quite possibly amniotic fluid, but seeing as we don't have any of those handy little test strips, one can't be sure. She's still leaking little bits. A little crampy, but otherwise not much happening. The midwife says to call her back in about 3 hours.

Think contracting thoughts for us. We'd really like this to happen without having to go to a hospital for pitocin. Not that our midwife even mentioned that yet--we're just good at jumping steps ahead and freaking ourselves out.

15 Comments:

  • oh, I hope this is it! Easy labour vibes being sent your way.

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 8:59 AM  

  • ooo, I do hope this is it! :-)

    By Blogger party b, at 9:01 AM  

  • Cait-
    Sending labor thoughts your way. Linda and I agree that if there's no baby by Monday, you should definitely go to work. Save as much time for baby. Evelyn is getting her diaper changed right now. She's sending a big shout out to Harpo: Come out and PLAY! It's really nice out here!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

  • Harpo: Don't mess with me kid, don't get my all excited about you finally coming out and then hold off for a couple days. If the suspense is killing me then I can't even imagine how your mummies feel!

    I swear if you come out in the next 24 hours I will make you your very own patented ugly doll.

    You have your whole adolescence to drive your parents crazy, save the good stuff til then!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 AM  

  • Come on baby! You can do it! Just head south and ask for directions if you get lost.

    By Blogger Mermaidgrrrl, at 9:24 AM  

  • ooh, exciting news! Wishing you luck ;o)

    By Blogger Tamsin, at 9:25 AM  

  • Oohhh... so exciting. If you guys need ANYTHING seriously call me. I am going to be around today, I don't have to go to VA or anything. I mean it, I'll deliver lunch or whatever if you want/need it.

    I'll be refreshing constantly!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

  • Move toward the light, Harpo. Go, go!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 AM  

  • It's going to happen today. TODAY, Harpo. TODAY. Remember what the nice Estelle lady told you about your Mommy being a libriaran? Well, lots of Mommy and Mama's friends are also librarians, and we WILL fine you, and let's face it, you're way too young to become a busker on the Metro. Make it easy on yourself!

    (Haha. I had alredy typed my "message" to Harpo before I read Johnnydee's...funny.)

    By Blogger hd, at 10:28 AM  

  • I'm off to therapy today to talk about that whole "freaking myself out" thing, so i get it.

    LOADS of good strong labor vibes to you from our house.

    xox,
    Shelli, Narda and Malka

    By Blogger Shelli, at 10:31 AM  

  • ooo, forgot to mention that Narda, Malka and I will be in Baltimore on Sunday - she's seeing Radio Golf at baltimore Center Stage, and I have a few hours to kill from about 2-5pm if'n y'all wanna meet Malka, and aren't in the throes of labor and need a distraction...

    :)

    By Blogger Shelli, at 10:33 AM  

  • I'm thinking opening, stretching, gentle muscular waves guiding little harpo toward the outside...

    By Blogger Trista, at 10:34 AM  

  • Sounds like our experience with the breaking of the water. Come on our Harpo, we can't wait to meet you!

    Love,

    Erin, Dora and Arden

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 AM  

  • Leaking little bits... OH YEAH!! Come on baby!!

    By Blogger Sabrina, at 10:55 AM  

  • soooo excited to hear this! come on, harpo!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home