Monday, March 12, 2007

Burn, Baby, Burn

Have we mentioned that part of our childcare arrangement is a swap with another family? I watch their kid on Mondays, and they watch Natalie on Thursdays. It's great. The kids love each other, the other family is pretty in line with our child-rearing philosophies, etc. They even use cloth diapers.

BUUUT...

We keep passing bugs back and forth. That's where we got the evil stomach bug. There have been a few colds. Today Natalie, who had been getting congested over the weekend, woke up with a fever. We figured it was either her ear infection coming back, or the cold that C's mom came down with last Friday, so we said it was OK for C to come anyway. Shortly after C arrived, I noticed he felt hot. Naaah, I thought. Just imagining things. Finally I took his temp. 102.

So now hot stuff #1 is napping in her crib, and hot stuff #2 is napping in my arms. Gonna be a fun day around here. Thank god my sister is visiting. I only hope that it's slightly less contagious than the stomach thing. (which reminds me, I spoke with my dad yesterday and we DID get him sick. Luckily it was after he made the 10 hour drive home).

2 Comments:

  • Now you know what it's like to have sick twins! (Only one of them doesn't go home at the end of the day, hee hee.) I really hope they both feel better soon and that you get a break. Enough of the sickness already!

    By Blogger lagiulia, at 1:21 PM  

  • LOL, the dreaded "sharing of the germies".

    It had to happen sometime, and at least Natalie is building up her immune system.

    By Blogger Ash, at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home