Saturday, February 17, 2007

Fashion Victim?

Did you ever notice that a particular outfit made you move differently? Maybe it made you walk taller and prouder. Maybe you spent all your time in it fidgeting because it was just so uncomfortable. Or maybe you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Well, Natalie adjusts her crawl to fit her clothing. When she wears long pants, she crawls like the average baby. When we put her in dresses, however, things change. Witness...



Elegant, no? I think it has to do with the feel of the floor through tights. Or the knees getting caught on the hem of the dress. Whatever the reason, it's entertaining enough to make me reconsider my opinion of putting dresses on crawling babies.

9 Comments:

  • tha'ts TOO funny!

    By Blogger Shelli, at 10:58 PM  

  • Thank you so much for sharing that. I really needed that laugh. :o)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:54 AM  

  • cuuuuute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 AM  

  • I am still giggling! Very cute.

    By Blogger Targetgirl, at 12:52 PM  

  • So funny! My 8-month old who is just learning to crawl found that video absolutely fascinating, I had to run it again and again for him :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:59 AM  

  • Ha ha!

    By Blogger Tamsin, at 3:49 AM  

  • Yes. It's those darn hems on the dress. My daughter used to "adjust" as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM  

  • It's the evil patriarchy, come to haunt your daughter even at this tender age! But it makes for some serious cuteness, and demonstrates her wonderful gross motor skills.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 PM  

  • I love this. I made Wes watch it. Without reading your post, he said, "Well, of course she needs to crawl like that. Her knees would get caught in the hem." With all this sympathy and compassion in his voice. It was funny.

    By Blogger Briar, at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home