Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ha.

Even as I typed that last post, I did have the faintest damp sensation and I thought there might be a very rapid postscript. Indeed, sludgy spotting has presented itself as a harbinger of The End.

There are however, despite whatever Anonymous* might think, a few things for which I am grateful.
  • A period without PMS. That is some comfort, however small.
  • Of course, Natalie and Cait. That goes without saying. They are the best things in my life without question. But that doesn't mean we can't want something more and be justified in our frustration that it's not happening.
  • A 14 day luteal phase, and the hope that means my cycle is normalizing and our odds of conception are on the rise.
  • Friends on the Internet who have supported us through the ups and downs of the past four years
  • A fridge full of chocolate chip cookie dough
So I am off to bake cookies and contemplate next steps. Thank god for cookies. :)

*Really, if you're going to tell someone, in essence, to suck it up, have the balls common courtesy to sign your comment, 'mkay?

7 Comments:

  • I didnt mean it that way. I should have thought about it more. You're right, it did come out like I was saying suck it up and count your blessings.
    I get "feelings" Know when things are going to happen and when theyre not. There was never a question in my mind that you werent pregnant, and that you wont be next month. I didnt want to come off as crazy internet lurker. I was worried more about that than what my words might be read as.
    I see another baby for you soon, probably a boy but, its too soon. Your body isnt ready yet. It will be with the new year, probably in January.
    Now, relax, enjoy the holidays with your wonderful family and get back to work in the new year. :)
    With love, a crazy internet lurker.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 PM  

  • (I don't quite know what to say to lurker up there, seeing another baby in your future, so I'm going to just move right along, okay? But there's a quizzical glance out of the corner of my eye accompanying this comment.)

    Mmmmm, cookies. May the wisdom of chocolate find you. (And damn damn damn about the end of the cycle. I was SO hoping that the $3000 expenditure had brought you third-time charmed luck.)

    By Blogger Jody, at 4:31 PM  

  • ^ - Mmmmmmkay...

    Blah. That sucks. Wish we lived closer so we could take you to dinner or something.

    By Blogger Hope, at 6:31 PM  

  • I am a firm believer in things will happen when they are meant to. Keep trying. When the baby that is meant for you is ready you will conceive.

    By Blogger Kimmyann, at 6:56 PM  

  • mmm, the cookies rocked. There's MAYBE 2 left. Thank goodness WW is having a big meeting tomorrow and all local meetings are canceled! ;)

    Kimmyann, and Anonymous....

    Your words may indeed be true, but when staring at a BFN, it's REALLY the last thing anyone wants to hear.

    So no one's saying that you are off base, I think you just might have a bunch of angry lesbian moms yelling at you if you hurt our friend's feelings with words that (albeit possibly true) can be "heard" as hurtful.

    By Blogger Shelli, at 10:20 PM  

  • I loved your tiny footnote!!

    BUT . . . I loved my cookies even more!! They got here in the nick of time (likely PMS plus tired-from-working (on a SATURDAY!!)) and they are not only living up to their amazing reputation, but exceeding it!! Thank you SO much!!
    (and the tiny shoe box was the perfect size for them!!)

    You two are 'da bomb' when it comes to fertility know-how, so I have no advice to offer (sane or insane), but I am cheering you on (with cookies in my mouth) from here--

    By Blogger sara, at 11:23 PM  

  • mmmmm...cookies. Cookies are THE panacea for every single problem. Well at least the ones that come from your house.
    Psychics are fun.
    heh

    xoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home