Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's a...

...healthy baby! Try as I might, this tech was too good at hiding stuff for me to get a defining glimpse. (Jen didn't want to know, so we were going with a "don't ask don't tell" approach). We got lots of views of the heart, though. And the brain. The kid has all the necessary organs and limbs, and a profile that bears some resemblance to Natalie's, though maybe with a more defined jaw. I'm having weird anxiety about raising a boy (which I think is just where any undefined anxiety about a second child is choosing to reside right now), so we picked up some reading on the way home. If it ends up being a girl, well, I can give unsolicited advice to others. (Note from Jen: I am convinced that in buying that book we have guaranteed a girl... but who knows?)

(In the picture just added, Carbo is on the left, and Harpo/Natalie is on the right)

13 Comments:

  • Wheee! Congratulations on the healthy baby!!!

    Jen, do you really think that buying the book was enough to counteract the fact that Blur is a girl? ;-)

    And if so, would returning the book help? I could send you my copy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 AM  

  • yay! congrats on a healthy, good brained scan. You guys do make great girls, but I think you would make an awesome boy too.

    xo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 PM  

  • Congrats on the good news!! Healthy is excellent!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM  

  • COngratulations on a healthy baby! :) Yay!

    By Blogger Jude, at 3:24 PM  

  • Hurrah for healthy babies!

    By Blogger N, at 4:21 PM  

  • Yay! Nothing better than a good scan :)

    By Blogger Miss W, at 4:59 PM  

  • Congrats on the scan. My mom bought us that book when we found out J. was a boy, and I read it on the beach this summer. I will be quite seriously interested in your analysis...

    By Blogger Lo, at 5:23 PM  

  • Congrats on everything looking good!

    And, as the brick layer who was working on my apartment building said to me one day as I was walking by with my sons, "It takes a woman to raise a man!" Or something like that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 AM  

  • For some reason based on the face comparison with Natalie I am convinced you are having a boy.

    By Blogger Brooke, at 3:25 PM  

  • Glad that all went well. That is always great to hear.

    And since I only have experience with boys..I have to say, they are the best!

    By Blogger Isabel, at 3:07 PM  

  • Sure looks like a baby all right!!! SO glad for the word "healthy." Mostly-lurker delurking because of such good news!

    By Blogger terri c, at 4:12 PM  

  • Congrats on the healthy baby! What good news!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:39 PM  

  • Healthy is grand!

    I am gunna get that book... please please do me a favour and don't buy ones by Steve Biddulph - who is recomended under. The stuff he says about single mothers - let alone two women I imagine - and the impact that all women households can have on boys is just ##*&*** unspeakable!

    By Blogger Clare, at 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home