Tuesday, June 28, 2005

And Now, Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Argh. The jolly photoblogging will now be put on hold (so you'll just have to wait for the Apostrophe Photorant, pics of knitting projects, and other amusements). We're facing yet another annoying roadblock. Actually, it's an old roadblock that just won't go away.

Our missing sperm is still missing, and we are utterly frustrated by the finger-pointing and he said/she said that is going on between the RE's office (let's call them "Completely Annoying") and the sperm bank ("Pretty Frustrating"). On the advice of a lawyer friend, I tried to set up a conference call involving all parties, and Completely Annoying was willing to give it a go. Unfortunately, Pretty Frustrating sent us an e-mail today declaring that they "consider this case closed" and blame the whole disaster on Completely Annoying. They're probably right -- Pretty Frustrating has MUCH better records than Completely Annoying -- but Completely Annoying is equally adamant that it's Pretty Frustrating's fault, and I'm not sure either of us are tough enough to talk them into ponying up the $500+ it will take to replace it (including shipping). I was afraid of this from the minute I found out the vial was missing.

In the end, $500 is not going to break us. But money is one of my major hangups, and losing money through no fault of my own is even more stressful. When you add in the factor that the lost money was spent in pursuit of the child we so desperately want... you can imagine the state of my psyche. It's not pretty at all.

I know life isn't fair (and that some people have much worse things to worry about). I know I'm not in control of this process. I know we'll get through all this. But I'm getting tired of the reminders.

5 Comments:

  • I am just as detailed with our money. I would be having a fit over 500$. It may not make or break you, but it sure would set up a nice little nursery. I know i am naive, but can it be replaced by annoying or frustrating? If not, i would simply assert "blame" by the last known people to have it and demand a return of monies. 500$ is alot of money in our home, and the principal behind it would be worth alot more to me. Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 AM  

  • I am also baffled and appalled by how this could have happened and I am wincing for you every time I read about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:17 AM  

  • Jen - $500 bucks is a lot of money, really. You have every right to be super pissed off, and to continue to pursue getting a refund. I so feel for you, money is such a hotbutton for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 PM  

  • Grrrrrrr.....you'd think someone would just be brave and noble about this, whatever their arguments to the contrary, and just help you. I mean, $500 to them is nothing....How hard would it really be??? So sorry they're being such bastards about the whole thing....

    By Blogger deanna, at 8:36 PM  

  • If the bank doesn't owe up and refund or replace, sue the bastards. They took money, and you have no product, and no proof that the product ever left their care. Small claims away.

    By Blogger Sabrina, at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home