Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Reasons I Love My Job

1. Hugs (especially the kind where 2 or 3 four-year olds are clinging to your legs)
2. Getting to spend thousands of dollars of other people's money on children's books
3. That oh-so-elusive but oh-so-wonderful feeling when you see that a struggling child suddenly "gets it"
4. The kids, they crack me up
5. Crazy hair day
6. Getting to show kids how to learn with technology (and have fun!)
7. Chocolate on kids' birthdays :)
8. Lunch from California Tortilla (food and fun)*
9. Being REQUIRED to read children's books
10. Walking into a classroom and having 26 kids call out in unison, "Don't leave us!"**

*sadly, will not be an option at the new school
**kinda bittersweet, this one

5 Comments:

  • Sweet. Kinda makes me rethink my decision to become a secondary librarian. :o)

    By Blogger hd, at 9:49 PM  

  • Reason 2 is my favorite one (oh, yeah - the kids, too - right) because Wes has instituted this annoying rule where I am supposed to get rid of a book for every new book I bring home. Hmph. Now I just shop more at work. This year they had to cut me off in April.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 AM  

  • ooooh, yes. I quit teaching Kindergarten two years ago and all of these things really make me miss it! Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I had to spend my OWN $$$ on childrens books (!) so now I have 10 boxes of them in my closet. Which is very sad, but nice as well. I love pulling them out every once in awhile for a little fun reading...

    By Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings, at 12:14 PM  

  • Hmmm, I'm a librarian in a scientific library, they NEVER call out "don't leave us!" Congratulations on accepting the offer to switch schools. Will you be working with the same age group?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 PM  

  • And all I got was... "can you recalculate my grade?"

    Just wanted to say CONGRATS on the end of the year and finishing up at the school. And you get to bring all those memories and reasons along with you to the new school.

    I'd love to hear about Cait's "Where I'm From" poems, btw. It's one of my favorite assignments to give, and do to myself.

    YAY!!! WE'RE DONE!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home