Thursday, June 16, 2005

You Never Forget Your First...

... meme, that is. And my first meme is with Emilin (and by extension, Frog. Whom I don't know. Memes *are* a lot like sex, aren't they. When you meme with someone, you meme with everyone they've memed before).

Anyway, enough foreplay.

List your 6 favorite songs and tag 6 others to do the same.
1. The Power of Two, Indigo Girls
2. Bridge over Troubled Water, Simon & Garfunkel
3. Open Your Eyes, Angelique Kidjo
4. 500 Miles, The Proclaimers
5. Private Wars, Zrazy
6. You Are My Sunshine, traditional

I tag:
1. Cait, of Addition Problems :)
2. Bri, of Unwellness
3. Trayce, of Meet Us in Baggage
4. Shelli, of Hydrangeas Are Pretty
5. Ana, of Lisbon Mama
6. HD, of One Small Corner

6 Comments:

  • Sadly, the people I would "tag" do not have blogs. What do I do? What do I do?

    By Blogger hd, at 9:41 AM  

  • Hmmm. Make some new blogfriends? :) Tag Rosie!

    By Blogger Jen, at 11:33 AM  

  • I'm honored, but I have NO clue what's going on, or what a meme is?

    Perhaps I'm just an old fart.

    sigh.

    feel free to enlighten me! :)

    By Blogger Shelli, at 2:29 PM  

  • Memes have a general definition and a blog-specific definition. The term came from Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene (1976): "a unit of cultural transmission, or a unit of imitation," and means something that spreads within a culture (e.g. a song, a fad, a chain letter... basically any idea or concept). In blogland, memes have specialized to mean, more or less, an idea for a post that is passed from blog to blog. This meme is "choose your 6 favorite songs".

    Some bloggers despise memes, others have blogs composed of nothing but memes. I have no official position on them but doubt that they'll be the mainstay of AddProb!

    By Blogger Jen, at 3:49 PM  

  • Any friend of Emilin's is a friend of mine. :)

    By Blogger frog, at 8:25 AM  

  • OH, I missed this for some reason! I'll do it now!

    By Blogger Ana, at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home