Monday, June 06, 2005

How to Make Yourself Crazy

1. Buy lots and lots of HPTs.
2. Test too early.
3. Test too often.*
4. Don't listen to friends who tell you to put down the crack pipe. (Sorry, Em.)

The only good thing is that the partial molar pregnancy pretty much gives me free access to betas on demand. Guess where I'll be this morning?

UPDATE
Blood has been drawn; waiting has commenced. (This ENTIRE process is nothing but waiting!!!) Now, by the way, I am nauseous. Not pregnant nauseous. Anxious nauseous. I can tell the difference.

And my eager friends, keep your pants on. :) I won't hear ANYTHING before 2:00, more likely 3:00. And I won't be posting until I've had a chance to talk with Cait, who has the great good fortune (not!) to be taking Praxis I today between 12:30-5:30. Hopefully, she'll finish early. I will share news as soon as we both know.

UPDATE II
What was that Einstein said about time? Its speed decreases exponentially the closer you get to beta results? The last hour is killing me....

*No, we won't tell you how many. In the collection, however, there are more starkly negative and more recent tests than there are with veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery faint lines.

8 Comments:

  • I'm sorry for the crazy-making. I hope you get some answers soon. I am thinking of you guys lots.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 AM  

  • Now you're driving me crazy! Put down the crack pipe girl!

    Good luck!

    By Blogger Ana, at 9:59 AM  

  • If you don't call me when you find out the beta results, I'm going to come over there and puke near you. You heard me. Puke.

    By Blogger Display, at 10:01 AM  

  • Crack isn't good for the baby.

    By Blogger Brooke, at 11:50 AM  

  • Great. Next thing you're going to tell me to give up smoking, motorcycle rides and prostitution.

    By Blogger Jen, at 12:28 PM  

  • I'm so mean.

    While you're waiting you can also wonder what you will get on Thursday.

    (hint: no refined sugar)

    By Blogger Brooke, at 1:15 PM  

  • Sure, tell your WIFE before you tell us. Hmph.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:54 PM  

  • step AWAY from the HPT.

    by the way...

    WHAT WAS THE BETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Shelli, at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home