Sunday, July 03, 2005

As Promised, A Photorant

Ok, I admit it, I am a FIEND for correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling. I don't think less of my friends who make mistakes (hell, I make plenty, particularly when I am in a hurry/tired/too lazy to proofread) but I can be downright nasty when strangers, particularly those who are being PAID to use the English language, commit atrocities. So here for your entertainment, are a few of the things that have been bugging me lately:


Size Matters
Is that like a jumbo shrimp?

Oranges at Sea
(Sorry this picture is so crappy!)
This is an oldie but goodie.
Are these oranges specially prepared for seafaring?
Or did the USN grow them?

And last but not least, my personal favorite:


Bad Quotemarks
So how much loitering IS allowed?

(I mean, if Joey can learn to use quote marks, everybody should be able to!)

2 Comments:

  • These are fabulous! In Asia, it's much more understandable, but just as funny:

    http://www.engrish.com/category_index.php?category=Signs/Posters

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 AM  

  • Those are great, Trayce! Washington & Lee University used to have a suana in their gym, until I pointed it out....

    By Blogger Jen, at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home