Sunday, February 26, 2006

FOUR Bri

Four non-library jobs I’ve had:
1. Starbucks barista (and therefore Cait hates going to Starbucks with me because I almost inevitably grouse about how they're "not doing it right")
2. Meeting planner
3. Toy store cashier
4. Clean Water Action canvasser (I sucked, but was really good at calculating the how much of the average contribution went directly to beer)

Four Authors, Books, or Series I read over and over:
1. Emergence, David R. Palmer. Beyond superb. Sadly out of print.
2. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, Mo Willems. I think there will be a lot more of it in my future.
3. Dykes to Watch Out For, Alison Bechdel.
4. A Walk in the Woods, Bill Bryson.

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Grosse Pointe Blank
2. Finding Nemo
3. The Princess Bride
4. Men In Black

Four TV shows I love(d):
1. The Brady Bunch
2. M*A*S*H
3. The Facts of Life
4. Friends

Four places* I’ve lived:
*I decided to limit it to DC neighborhoods, for the fun of it
1. Capitol Hill
2. Mt. Pleasant
3. Columbia Heights
4. Takoma, DC

Four places to vacation:
1. St. Maarten
2. Australia
3. Maine
4. Alaska

Four sites I visit/use daily:
1. Google
2. every. single. blog. in. my. ridiculous. bloglist (multiple times)
3. BabiesRUs/Amazon
4. Weather.com

Four people I’d like to meet in person, based on their blogs:
Do I have to pick just four? I want to meet ALL of my blogfriends! I don't LIKE this category....
1. HD
2. Trista
3. Estelle
4. Julie (C'mon, admit it. You all want to meet her.)

Four foods I yearn for:
(You should all be able to fill this in with no help from me.)
1. Coke
2. Coffee Haagen Dazs
3. Potato chips and onion dip
4. Macaroni & cheese (maybe you don't know this one, but I loooooves me some mac & cheese)

Four inventions I’m grateful for:
(duh, the Internet & computers, but let's take that for granted)
1. Glasses
2. Recorded music
3. Air conditioning
4. Running water

Four musical choices for my personal soundtrack:
1. the Indigo Girls
2. Paul Simon
3. Angelique Kidjo
4. almost anything from the 80s

Four nouns that describe me:
(Nouns? Nouns! That's much harder!)
1. smartass
2. reader
3. geek
4. friend

Four Bloggers I’m Tagging:
I'm terrible about memes - I know I owe some of you. Don't kill me. Also, I tried to pick people who haven't done this one but I may have screwed up.
1. Katie (it may provide some distraction...)
2. HD
3. Jenny
4. Andrea (even though she'd have to start a blog...)

7 Comments:

  • Excellent movie choices! I knew there was a reason I liked you (kidding, kidding.) Grosse Pointe Blank - ah, for college, and my weird four-woman apartment with equally weird roommates. And I've been a Princess Bride fiend since it came out - I actually wore out my first VHS copy.

    By Blogger Elowyn, at 12:27 PM  

  • Now I love you even more--you have the best choices in entertainment!

    I need to make plans to go to almost all of those places, as the only one I've been to is Maine. Luckily Alaska is next on the radar, and Australia is on our list for our 10th anniversary. Although since Alaska was for our 5th, and we will soon celebrate our 7th, I think Australia may be postponed as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:58 PM  

  • OMG, you're like the ONLY other person I know who's read Emergence! Er, know of. Whatever. Love, love, love it.

    I confess a special place in my heart for Z for Zacharia, too. Nothing like a little post-apocalyptic fiction to brighten a teen's day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 PM  

  • Erin, I should clarify that list - it's half places I've been on vacation and would love to visit again, and half dream vacations. The dream ones are those starting with "A". :)

    Anon, I will have to read Z is for Zachariah. Never read it. I do have an odd penchant for utopian/dystopian novels.

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:28 PM  

  • Yea for Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! And for Finding Nemo. We actually watch it WITHOUT the four year old son! Great post Jen!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 AM  

  • I, too, have a penchant for Utopia/Distopias! My all time favorite is the short story "When it Changed" by... crap, I can't remember who it's by. But it's a pretty famous story.

    Thanks for the warm fuzzy. Right back at you! One of these days...

    By Blogger Trista, at 2:36 PM  

  • Andrea weighs in to say that she will start a blog as soon as she has a life again, at which point she will fully fill in the FOUR form...

    She also writes with a request for Jen to list her best recommendations and favorites for very little kids' board books (more than FOUR please). Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home