Just A Taste
A few morsels...
- Our childcare situation is still a bit of a patchwork until mid-October, so I took the day off today. I got to have just the littlest sample of what it would be like to be a SAHM. Lots of housework, but also a glorious walk in the sunshine during which we stumbled upon an outdoor performance by the Banjo Man. We sat in the shade of a great tree with sunshine filtering through the leaves and sang and clapped along with a smattering of moms, nannies, toddlers and babies. Then we went home and played on the floor, blowing raspberries and playing a slow, tummy-scooting version of tag. If I could just have one day at home per week....
- Somehow, I've never gotten around to mentioning that I gave up
the smack Coca-cola cold turkey the day after we returned from Michigan this summer. I can't do moderation. It's all or nothing for me, sadly. It hasn't been too bad except for the days when I have to wrangle with the IRS.
- Speaking of which, it looks like I'm going to have to go to Tax Court. A very NON-cheerful raspberry to that.
- Natalie's been so fascinated with food that we've done a lot of reading (and a lot of bugging Moxie) about when/why/how and the pros and cons of introducing food. We decided to follow a less-conventional approach -- baby-led feeding -- and to go ahead and start letting her try out some food. So far she's
had worn bananas and broccoli.
- We've been sitting in the grass outside a lot lately, and I guess we weren't as vigilant as we thought we were. It appears (according to her diaper today) that the first solid she actually ingested was grass.