Thursday, September 28, 2006

Just A Taste

A few morsels...


  • Our childcare situation is still a bit of a patchwork until mid-October, so I took the day off today. I got to have just the littlest sample of what it would be like to be a SAHM. Lots of housework, but also a glorious walk in the sunshine during which we stumbled upon an outdoor performance by the Banjo Man. We sat in the shade of a great tree with sunshine filtering through the leaves and sang and clapped along with a smattering of moms, nannies, toddlers and babies. Then we went home and played on the floor, blowing raspberries and playing a slow, tummy-scooting version of tag. If I could just have one day at home per week....
  • Somehow, I've never gotten around to mentioning that I gave up the smack Coca-cola cold turkey the day after we returned from Michigan this summer. I can't do moderation. It's all or nothing for me, sadly. It hasn't been too bad except for the days when I have to wrangle with the IRS.
  • Speaking of which, it looks like I'm going to have to go to Tax Court. A very NON-cheerful raspberry to that.
  • Natalie's been so fascinated with food that we've done a lot of reading (and a lot of bugging Moxie) about when/why/how and the pros and cons of introducing food. We decided to follow a less-conventional approach -- baby-led feeding -- and to go ahead and start letting her try out some food. So far she's had worn bananas and broccoli.

Oh, Wow! What's This?

  • We've been sitting in the grass outside a lot lately, and I guess we weren't as vigilant as we thought we were. It appears (according to her diaper today) that the first solid she actually ingested was grass.

7 Comments:

  • The first solid food I consumed were bogon moths I collected from a lamp in my room so it really could be worse!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 AM  

  • Cute! She seems to enjoy her bananas! I think the baby-led thing is cool. Just couldn't do it because of Picchi's swallowing problems, but it does interest me.

    By Blogger lagiulia, at 9:16 AM  

  • yikes on tax court! that sounds like hell.
    & really? cold turkey on the coke? wow

    By Blogger Calliope, at 10:20 AM  

  • pulling grass is FUN when you're a baby!

    And GO Nat go on the solids. Malka's a HUGE fan of Oat-E-O's and "nanners" and that baby crack stuff - "Veggie Booty"

    She HIGHLY recommends the booty - I mean, after all, it does have Kale and Spinach in it...

    By Blogger Shelli, at 11:07 PM  

  • I thought when two people owned a house together, they could decide which one of them would take the interest deduction? Is that not true for your situation? (Or sorry if I'm misreading/misremembering the situation entirely.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:20 AM  

  • I love the grass bit. Sorry about the tax crap. Are you going to come for the newly announced Convention?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 PM  

  • Noah's was sand. We REALLY thought we were careful at the beach, but the sandy poops proved us wrong.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home