Sunday, October 29, 2006

Photo Friday

B is for...

Baby, Please Sleep

Nighttime sleep is still mostly OK, though teething and the return to work have taken their toll. Naps, however, are just not happening. Literally. Natalie is of the opinion that a 5-20 minute nap is just fine, thank you, and gets up ready to play. Unfortunately, she ends up tired and grumpy within a very short period of time. So, I stayed up way too late last night reading Elizabeth Pantley. Ironic, no? I think we'll be making some changes to both our daytime and our nighttime routines in the coming weeks. Wish us luck.

Oh, and Jen would like me to let you all know that the coke is hers, but it was only because of a very dire need and she's being really really good about staying away from it entirely, with the exception of car trips and emergency situations.

7 Comments:

  • don't push too much until AFTER next weekend...

    Things tend to get a bit mucked up when on the road.

    And we're happy to share what works for us, if you want to hear it at all - or better yet, ask Narda, 'cause I'm a WIMP! :)

    By Blogger Shelli, at 9:59 PM  

  • I SO understand the Coke. For true.

    By Blogger J, at 10:09 PM  

  • As long as it's that kind of Coke and nothing from Colombia then there's nothing to worry about ;-)

    By Blogger Mermaidgrrrl, at 1:56 AM  

  • No unsolicited advice here. Just wishing the three of you better sleep and sweet dreams.

    By Blogger lagiulia, at 8:28 AM  

  • I was soooo good and stayed away from caffeine while I was nursing Dorian... until he was a year old, still nursing like a fiend, and still waking up multiple times every night. Then one day Vince caught me pulling a can of Cafe Goya out of a grocery bag, and he quite belligerently asked me WHY I had bought coffee. "I've tried not drinking coffee," I said, "and it hasn't made the boy sleep. He's not sleeping. I need coffee. You shut up." For the record, my return to the land of the caffeinated did not at all affect the (poor) quality of my son's sleep. So I say that as long as you're not feeding the Coke to Natalie directly, do as the advertising says and Enjoy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:03 AM  

  • I had problems with my 9 month old sleeping through the night so I bought Ann Douglas's book and I loved it. It gave us a ton of (easy to read) information about sleeping. I am happy to report that our daughter now has two great naps a day and goes to bed around 8 and we don't hear from her until morning. What ended up working for us was a combination of methods outlined in the book and the fact that I had learned to read her own cues. I hope it works as well for you.

    By Blogger Shan, at 12:06 PM  

  • Good Luck!
    And let us know what works!!!

    By Blogger Holly, at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home