Here's the thing-- in the last two cycles, there have been early indicators of success--things that only happened during the cycles in which Coqui and Natalie were conceived. By 7-9 dpo or so, it seemed pretty likely that Jen was pregnant. However, in both cycles, the symptoms waned, and the cycle eventually failed. It could be all in our heads, too.
Prolactin is generally thought to cause problems with ovulation. However, we have seen the ready to pop follie each time, gotten a positive OPK, and seen a temp rise indicating that ovulation did, in fact, occur. I have found a few references to prolactin interfering with implantation, but this does not seem to be a widely held opinion. It does seem to fit what is happening to us, though. It seems as if conception is happening, but for one reason or another implantation isn't working right. Any thoughts about this?
I read a few things that suggested a HCG booster around 5 dpo, or supplementing with progesterone to override prolactin. Everything I've read seems to indicate that once implantation is complete, prolactin should no longer be an issue. Again, your thoughts?
Our plan at this point is CD 3 bloodwork on Monday, schedule an appointment with the RE ASAP, and move forward with an insem for this cycle, assuming bloodwork and RE agree that is makes sense. I really do not want to skip this cycle, even though we had discussed doing so. Yes, we have only tried 3 times, and there is plenty of time left to have a second child, but we already had to wait 5 extra months to even start trying again, so every failed cycle and every delay just takes us that much farther away from the sibling spacing we had hoped for. In that sense, it seems silly to wait.