Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Um, Hello?

Today's mail brought a jury duty summons for a person whose name no longer exists. In the past 21 months, I have been to the DC Courthouse no fewer than five times (and perhaps more, I have lost count) to change my name and participate in Cait's second parent adoption of my biological child. Yet this same courthouse, which has numerous documents with both my names on them, just sent me a jury summons in MY OLD NAME.

They keep saying they're cleaning up the bureaucracy in DC. I don't believe them.

2 Comments:

  • Damn, and I thought T had it bad. She did her name change 18 months ago, and she still hasn't gotten a corrected birth certificate.

    By Blogger Blondie, at 10:02 PM  

  • That is funny. I got one once for a name I never had - my first name and Wes' last name. Even though I never changed my name at all.

    By Blogger Briar, at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home