Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Too Tired to be Tightwads

Tightwad Tuesday is taking a short hiatus due to vacation-induced insanity. It'll be back by next week, we hope.

On the up side:
  • We're having lovely visits with various family members featuring fireworks and planting with my mom and baseball with my dad.
  • Natalie is starting to relax around the dogs, walking by them independently, talking to them, and even offering her hand for them to sniff.
  • The frenzied getting into everything that we witnessed the other day was partially related to fatigue and overexcitement about our arrival. With a little more rest and settling in, Natalie is a little less...manic. Which is nice.
On the down side:
  • The process of importing to WP has been less than smooth, so our move has been delayed. They've reset the new blog now, so as soon as we can redo stuff and (hopefully) successfully import, we'll send you to our new address.
  • My mom has pantry moths. Rather thoroughly. Jen and I spent the afternoon/evening cleaning out the pantry, throwing things away, putting other things in bins for observation, washing shelves, etc. More to do tomorrow, though the really intense stuff is finished. While oddly satisfying, it was also more than a little exhausting.
  • My mom got a call yesterday morning from family in Pittsburgh. My uncle's decades-long battle with HIV/AIDS has ended. This is not unexpected, but still a time of many emotions for my family. We'll have a memorial service full of his music at the end of July.
And now, we're off to bed.

9 Comments:

  • so sorry about your Uncle.
    am thinking of you.
    xo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM  

  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

    And pantry moths - ugh. I had to do the same for my mom a few years back... UGH.

    By Blogger Shelli, at 9:45 AM  

  • So sorry about your uncle. Mine passed away last month, and it was also not unexpected, but it's so hard.

    By Blogger Lo, at 9:46 AM  

  • So sorry for your family's loss. My uncle also died of AIDS a long time ago. I hope the memorial is healing. Sending love.

    By Blogger Briar, at 10:29 AM  

  • I'm so sorry about your uncle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 PM  

  • I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope your time with your family helps bring you all some peace.

    By Blogger Display, at 1:26 PM  

  • I'm so sorry about your uncle. And what are pantry moths?? The mere idea strikes fear in my heart!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 PM  

  • I'm so sorry about your uncle. Let us know when the memorial is, so we can hold you in our thoughts.

    We've had pantry moths multiple times, and cleaning never did the job alone. Lowe's (and only Lowe's, in our neck of the woods) sells a two-pack of triangular paper moth-catchers and we need to set them out annually, when another batch of eggs hatches. On the plus side, we've got them eradicated inside the house. Now they live on only via the crumbs of our car, which is, apparently, how they migrated from CT to NC -- and NO, we never did see them in the car until after we moved, and we did throw away ALL OUR FOOD, thank you very much.

    Those things are a nightmare. The traps at Lowe's work, though.

    Safe journeys home.

    By Blogger Jody, at 9:25 AM  

  • I'm so sorry about your uncle. We lst two very dear family friends in the mid 80's to AIDS. This was of course before they knew a lot about it but it was such a huge loss for us and such a horrible death for them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home