Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Five Week Fun

"Morning" sickness seems to have hit early this time. The SeaBands made an early appearance yesterday as Jen turned green and tried not to puke in the hardware store and the movie theatre and the grocery store. Last year it didn't get this bad until at least 7 weeks. Gonna be a fun first trimester. But difference is good.

Just for kicks, Jen peed on a stick yesterday. It's kind of fun when the test line shows up before the control...

It's kind of fascinating to watch my strong, decisive, take charge, control freak wife dissolve into a puddle of hormones. On Monday night, she wrapped herself around my legs whimpering, "Don't leeeeeeave meeeee," as I tried to go to karate for the first time in weeks. She was much better after I called in an order for Chinese food. She cried during the Coke advertisement at the beginning of the movie yesterday. And the previews. And at the end of the really dumb kid movie we'd taken my sister and my sister's sister to. Though Lyme makes me tired, and I usually melt into the couch long before Jen's ready for bed, the last two nights I've practically had to carry her upstairs. I fear for the future of our house and our financial status (last year when Jen was pregnant, our house was trashed, and bills were frequently late as neither of us had the energy to lick a stamp, much less clean), but I'm thrilled to have Pregnant Jen back. Now if we can just end up with a baby this time...

But maybe not the triplets in Jen's dream last night.

6 Comments:

  • Just the thought of triplets makes me tired... I have no suggestions, just like to see what's going on in your world :-) Figure knowing there are loads of people out there thinking good things about you can't hurt :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 PM  

  • awww, love and smoochers to you two dears!

    By Blogger Shelli, at 6:07 PM  

  • Oh my - if you guys want us to bring you dinner or to come over here for it, consider this an invitation! Especially in the next couple of weeks before my fall classes start and I have a little more time on my hands (hahaha...).

    And I meant it when I said I needed color ideas/vetos. I'm a quiltin' fool these days.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 PM  

  • So glad the baby is communicating loud and clear (but so sorry for Jen to endure it all!) Hang in there, girls!!

    By Blogger deanna, at 12:35 PM  

  • I can't help w bill paying, I often forget the few that aren0t automatically paid through the bank. But I'm terribly good at decluttering and organising offices and closets. So if I'm ever in the neighbourhood and you need me, let me know.

    Nausea sounds lovely! :)

    By Blogger Lioness, at 1:48 PM  

  • DO come and visit, Lioness! It would be so much fun! :) We wouldn't even ask you to help out, you could just visit and we could talk about favorite books and such!!!

    By Blogger Jen, at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home