Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dinner is Served!

Thank you all for your suggestions and comments regarding dinner for my friends. In the end, I did decide to go with chicken (an adventure in itself as I have not cooked chicken in over a decade - I didn't even know where to look for it in the grocery store - seriously!) and found a recipe online that sounded good but simple. For sides, I went with my old standby (that happened to line up well with Em's suggestion), oven roasted potatoes, and since everything else was in the oven, also did some carrots in the oven.

Image hosting by Photobucket
For those interested in the recipes, have at it:
Pan-roasted carrots (courtesy thatsmyhome.com, whoever THEY are)
and
Oven roasted potatoes (a la ME!): wash and quarter medium red-skin potatoes. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary in an oven proof dish. Roast at 400 degrees, stirring every 10 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork.
It probably all tasted quite good, but the best part was getting to snuggle with the little guy for about an HOUR when I dropped it off tonight. He is so tiny and adorable. He fit quite well on the shelf made by my stomach!

5 Comments:

  • thanks for showing me food... now I need to go eat ;-)

    looks REALLY good!!!

    By Blogger party b, at 8:37 AM  

  • Hey! Who's signing up to come and cook for US! I wanna sign up! :)

    I've bene doin ALL the cookin and cat feeding and litter scoopin and formula makin'.

    Gosh darn it!

    But um, Malka DOES have the CUTEST things ever in the world, thanks to the internet, so I'm actualy pretty grateful. And that Blankie, Jen? It's in use DAILY.

    Besos,
    Shelli

    By Blogger Shelli, at 5:16 PM  

  • Hi - I thought of you last night as I cooked roasted chicken and warm couscous salad with roasted sweet potato, beetroot, steamed greens and goats cheese. But you have done it already!

    By Blogger Clare, at 6:49 PM  

  • Ohmigod, GSO, that couscous sounds AMAZING! Do share your recipe....

    By Blogger Jen, at 10:32 PM  

  • sounds yummy

    By Blogger charlotte, at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home