Thursday, October 20, 2005

I WISH! ***updated***



My blog is worth $19,194.36.
How much is your blog worth?




I have no idea what this means. I just like the idea that something I have is worth that much! (Hey, could we sell the blog to pay for Cait's medicine? Who the heck would buy it?)

EDITED TO ADD:

Ok, now I feel really bad. I wasn't trying to depress my friends! You guys have some of the MOST valuable websites on the Internet as far as I am concerned. Seriously.

In the hopes that information might make you fell better, I went and looked into this more. Basically, it all boils down to how many people link to your blog -- that the website Technorati.com acknowledges. I like Technorati, but it does well with Blogger blogs. It doesn't seem to do a good job of keeping track of Typepad blogs. This makes no sense to me since Blogger/Typepad/Moveable Type are all related... but that's the way it is. So those of you who are Typepadders, this may be why your supposed "worth" is zero even if you know lots of people link to you.

Anyway, I LOVE YOUR BLOGS. Please don't feel bad. Or I'll have to send you chocolate chip cookies.

14 Comments:

  • hehehehhhhh....I'm much less valuable than you, Jen. Ranking in at $3,387.24, I'm pretty much poverty level. LOL...... =)

    By Blogger deanna, at 10:05 PM  

  • Mine is poverty level too. Oh well, at least I enjoy it. I love your's too :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

  • Mine is worth 0.

    :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM  

  • Holy cow! I'm worth over $21,000!! Anyone wanny buy it??

    By Blogger Estelle, at 10:29 AM  

  • Um, mine is worth NADA. WTF?

    By Blogger hd, at 11:16 AM  

  • Odd. Odd. Odd. I think that's the thing I love most about this bizarre tool. The results make NO sense to me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 PM  

  • Mine is WORTHLESS! Thanks a lot for the confidence boost.

    By Blogger lagiulia, at 12:45 PM  

  • Hi, I'm the guy how made the blog worth applet. Please don't feel bad if it rates your blog as being worthless.

    As Jen mentioned in her addendum, it just calculates the number of blogs that point to yours, as detected by Technorati. Its not a real approximation of your worth -- either as a blogger or as a person.

    I'm really sorry to have upset so many people.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:45 PM  

  • mine isn't worth a dime (or even a penny!) - don't you feel even MORE valuable now? Of course, I am interpretting MY zero as "priceless" :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

  • damn - I missed the cookies offer - send 'em :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:29 PM  

  • mine's only worth about 11k.

    sigh.

    By Blogger Shelli, at 6:29 PM  

  • Oh. I feel bad. I am crying very very hard.
    So, do I get the cookies?
    I personally do not believe there are more people linking to me than are linking to Jen and Shelli... no way.

    By Blogger Estelle, at 10:43 PM  

  • Work it, Estelle, work it. (By the way, go Technorati your blog - you have a TON of links, way more than me. I don't know who most of them are!)

    By Blogger Jen, at 12:01 PM  

  • wait - who is making us cookies? How do I get in on that??

    By Blogger Calliope, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home