Sunday, March 05, 2006

Tired... but Happy

We're tired over here, folks. It's a lame apology for not having too many posts of late, but it's true. In addition to the Lyme (regarding which we owe you an update) Cait also came down with the flu this week, so she was thoroughly out of commission for several days (but wants you to know that Tamiflu rocks!) and is on the mend now. And I'm big and pregnant (regarding which we owe you a picture) and it's catching up with me. I'm just tired a lot these days.

So, all the posts that have been swirling around in my head will be poured out in a hodgepodge here so that you can at least know what we've been up to.

1) Flu, as mentioned before. We've been running our own little science lab here and it appears that the conclusion is: flu shot good. (I.e. Jen got the shot; Cait didn't. Cait got the flu; Jen didn't. So far.)

2) Name changing. I went back to the court for the third time. The third time is, apparently, more charmed than the first two. My new last name should take effect April 7, barring any objections from my creditors (!) or other concerned parties. Oh, and scissors are apparently allowed through security on Thursdays....

3) Harpo has a room! And it's cute!

The Crib
Dresser
Pregnant Women CAN Surf!

And we've been washing some of Harpo's clothes. This whole having a kid thing really messes with your head. As I was leaving to run errands this morning I thought to myself, "But Cait will fold the baby clothes without me!" And then I thought, "You idiot. IT'S STILL LAUNDRY! Be glad if she folds it."

We are glad. Very glad. Even if we're tired.

10 Comments:

  • Harpo's room is GORGEOUS!! And you, my dear, are the picture of happiness and health!! (hoping Cait will be joining you in the 'health' part very soon!)

    Best wishes, Girls!

    By Blogger deanna, at 3:34 PM  

  • Love the room, love the healthy-looking pregnant woman in the photo. Take 'er easy there, mama, the time is coming! Hope Cait is feeling better! PS- Still have some barely or never once worn infant clothes. If you have a boy -or a girl who likes blue- drop us a line if you could use them.

    By Blogger lagiulia, at 3:47 PM  

  • Congrats on the name change - good to know about their "Casual Thursday" approach to bringing in weapons. I've heard of casual Friday where you get to wear jeans, but this is a different twist!

    The room looks great! ...And so do you! I hope Cait is feeling better soon!

    By Blogger Sara, at 5:04 PM  

  • I love harpo's room it is great.
    I love reading your blog :-)
    Thanks

    By Blogger kiles1670, at 6:12 PM  

  • Yeah, the first time through on the baby clothes was so fun.


    But now I'm thrilled if Em folds them.

    By Blogger Brooke, at 8:37 PM  

  • The room looks adorable!!! So bright!

    Sorry to hear about the flu hitting your household. Hope Cait is feeling better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 AM  

  • I love the nursery decor. I plan to use cute little animals as well...but in primary colors. And you look awesome. Hope you're both feeling more...energized. :o)

    By Blogger hd, at 1:10 PM  

  • John Lennon for the baby! I had the exact smae theme in my daughter Leila's room. I love it

    By Blogger Ash, at 1:20 PM  

  • that room is so cute! LOVE IT!
    & April 7th!! oh happy day. So excited for you.

    p.s. you look WONDERFUL

    By Blogger Calliope, at 5:49 PM  

  • This room is very cute! Just so fresh and perfect. I love it.

    By Blogger Katie, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home