THE TOP 10 VACATION PHOTOS (from that trip, anyway)
1. Natalie had her first ice cream truck treat. Here she is pondering the beauty of the ice cream sandwich (and trying to determine just how much Mommy stole while "helping" her).
2-4. Quinn and her moms visited and the girls activated their wonder twin powers, multiplied themselves, turned into dinosaurs and exchanged hugs that only sometimes resulted in a tackle. Um, sorry about that, Quinn. Quinn also taught Natalie the joys of climbing, so that she spend the rest of the visit climbing onto and off of my mom's couch.
5. We visited with Sanna and Emilin, and the girls engaged in bizarre, yet entertaining bed acrobatics while Emilin packed more boxes.
6. Natalie had her first carousel ride and loved it.
7. We explored many wonderful playgrounds, and Natalie spent MOST of her free time climbing "Uppa!" stairs and other vertical surfaces.
8. Natalie found the cat door an entertaining and satisfying way to watch for Mommy when she went downstairs to do laundry.
9. This trip presented Natalie with her first chance as a toddler to live with pets. There are three cats!, a dog! and a bird at Grandma's and another dog! at Grandpa's. This thrilled Natalie to no end, terrorized the cats, and -- at least during mealtimes -- delighted the dogs. (The bird and the toddler only saw each other rarely and with mutual suspicion.)
10. We went to a wedding, where Natalie trailed happily after the big kids, watching in fascination and trying to imitate everything they did. She found the dance floor a delightful place to run around. She danced a little bit, but mostly, once the music started, she stared intently at the musicians trying to figure out how they were making those wonderful noises. She had never seen instruments on this scale before (she's mostly only encountered guitars), and was awed and amazed.