Thursday, November 29, 2007

When All Else Fails, Post a TTC Update

I guess it happens to everyone who's doing NaBloPoMo, but at least I made it for 28 days first.

I've got nothing to say. Nada. The brain is buzzing and hissing like AM radio in the middle of nowhere.

So I will resort to telling you that we have indeed done three HPTs so far, but in our defense we are "testing out" the trigger. There is still some residual hCG in my system but not much - there was a pretty faint line two days ago and very faint lines yesterday and today. Unfortunately, we don't know what the dose was of the shot so can't do truly obsessive calculations to predict when we should get no line. Meaning we will keep testing. All in the name of science, of course.

8 Comments:

  • the average trigger shot is 10,000 units, and it reduces by half daily.

    in theory, of course.

    But usually, by 10DPT (not DPO, but Days post TRIGGER), there should be LESS than 25, so anything more than that "should" appear on a test.

    By Blogger Shelli, at 11:00 PM  

  • hmmmmmmmmm...still having faint lines, eh? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

    & be wary of posting that nothing is going on- the next thing you know your world goes nuts. In your case I am SO hoping it goes nuts with Jen projectile vomiting.

    & you know I say that with love.
    xoxo
    Cali

    (the comments won't let me be "Other")

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 AM  

  • I did my first "is the trigger gone" POAS today, and it looked like a yes to me.

    I lost the "other" option too. :(

    Liza

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 AM  

  • I don't think that Other thing is something I did, but if anyone knows more about it let me know.

    By Blogger Jen, at 9:44 AM  

  • Oh, and I should clarify: the sicks have definitely been lighter each successive day.

    By Blogger Jen, at 9:46 AM  

  • For those of us playing at home, could we have some more numbers? CD, DPO, DPT, XYZ?

    Maybe not the XYZ. Got a bit carried away with the acronyms.

    By Blogger Summer, at 11:27 AM  

  • Cali, I'd really prefer to avoid the projectile vomiting if we can. How about nuts with exhaustion and your average run of the mill nausea? :)

    By Blogger Cait, at 12:22 PM  

  • I know that when Dr. Smiley prescribed the trigger to me during my IVF-turned-injectible cycle it was 15,000 units. So maybe that is what he typically prescribes? They also told me it should be gone by 10dpo.

    By Blogger Jenny, at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home