Monday, December 03, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

...IVF.

I was stunned to visit the bathroom between classes to find major spotting. The jury is still out, but it seems very likely that Attempt 2.4 was another failure. It's early -- only CD12 -- so I have a call in to verify that my progesterone was ok when they took it on Wednesday. This is the second time in less than a month that I have been caught completely off guard. The first was the poor FSH results, and now this. It's not that I was expecting to be pregnant this cycle (signs and symptoms were ambiguous as always) but I thought I had a couple more days and a couple more HPTs to ease me into this.

Cait and I haven't even had much time to process the consult with Dr. Smiley last week, in which he recommended that we could stay the course, or jump to IVF. Cait did call and find out that IVF is covered on my insurance, and does not seem to require that I be married. I have no idea what we will decide, but the fact that IVF is even on the table is blowing my mind right now.

Aack.

5 Comments:

  • Wow - if insurance covers IVF? GO FOR IT!

    Now I'm sorry that you need to even THINK about ivf at this point, but the fact that it's covered? Rock on.

    By Blogger Shelli, at 3:31 PM  

  • So jealous that your insurance covers your IVF!! So lucky!! But, you still have a couple days left, right?

    By Blogger R, at 4:37 PM  

  • I am so glad to hear that you have wonderful insurance, but I know that thinking about making this jump must seem huge right now. I'm thinking of both of you . . .

    By Blogger sara, at 5:21 PM  

  • trust me- I get the mind blow of suddenly staring into the eyes of IVF.

    HOWEVER- if you don't seize this opportunity I might have to come smack you!

    Making the leap is a big mental and emotional one- but I will say that I have never felt more involved with a cycle as I do with IVF. I know it can seem all clinical and sci-fi, but once you make the choice it becomes less so.

    still...sucks to be on the verge of climbing another rung on the IF ladder.
    xo

    By Blogger Dresden, at 7:59 AM  

  • Oh No. Oh no.

    I'm glad you have the insurance. But IVF is no picnic. Damn I wish you'd not had to reach this place.

    By Blogger Jody, at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home