Friday, March 10, 2006

What's Up, Doc?

It's Photo Friday time, and this week's theme is Pets.

I was DELIGHTED when I learned of the theme. Close friends will know that Cait and I never turn down the opportunity to talk about, share pictures of, or introduce our beloved pet Harvey. (Unfortunately, for reasons we've never been able to figure out, people don't share our enthusiasm for our sweet boy.) Here he is:


Our Pet (#1)



As you can see, Harvey is an absolutely GORGEOUS specimen of a Pooka. They are rare indeed, but oh, so charming, and a delight to be around. He's a very well-behaved and easy-going pet. Our biggest challenge is, of course, his size. While we are very pleased to have such a healthy rabbit and we knew Pookas had a tendency to get big, we weren't really prepared for him to be 6'3"!!! It's a pretty tight squeeze in our 2 bedroom condo... and it's only going to get tighter once Harpo's here. But we love our Harvey, and we'll make it work! :)

11 Comments:

  • oh good lord! It took me FOREVER to get this. *shaking head at own slowness here*

    By Blogger Trista, at 12:25 PM  

  • Er, would this have anything to do with an award-winning play turned movie?

    By Blogger lagiulia, at 2:21 PM  

  • don't play with the feeble-minded... I thought something was wrong and so kept hitting refresh... ::sigh::

    By Blogger party b, at 3:21 PM  

  • Excellent solution to your problem!!!

    By Blogger J, at 3:52 PM  

  • ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

    By Blogger Lo, at 4:57 PM  

  • Okay, ya goober.... =)

    By Blogger deanna, at 7:29 PM  

  • yeah it took me a moment too

    *feeling silly*

    By Blogger Sophia, at 12:16 AM  

  • ooooo... you are funny.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 AM  

  • well played!

    By Blogger Calliope, at 12:19 PM  

  • Oh I am so glad I'm not the only one! lmao!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:18 AM  

  • took me a while to figure that out. I love Harvey! Didn't he star in his own film (with Jimmy Stewart!)?

    Jen, thanks for the thoughtful comment on my blog. I haven't had time to write back to you, but it was VERY helpful to know someone else struggles with similar issues.

    I keep checking your blog with bated (baited??) breath...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home