Sunday, December 09, 2007

Buried!

We did get snow, although only enough to net me a two-hour delay on Thursday (for which I am grateful, if still hoping for a real snow day in the next two weeks!). But I am buried not in snow but in bits and bytes. The firewall and router for our community's Internet connection died Thursday night and it took a couple of days for service to be restored. In that time, I amassed a pile of email and a COLOSSAL load in Bloglines. I am working my way through both the email and the blog posts, but I am way behind in replying and commenting. So if anything exciting happened to you since Thursday, I'm sure I will find out and respond appropriately, by NEXT Thursday if not a tiny bit sooner.

The timing of the outage was pretty good, as we were very busy prepping for and throwing a baby shower for Jenny and Ezra, with a little bit of potty training madness around the edges*. Unfortunately, I didn't get to make the party music mix based on your fantastic suggestions, but if I host another shower someday I'll have the baddest baby music playlist in town! Pictures and more about the baby shower are forthcoming, I hope.

We're also headed full speed towards Christmas (with a Hanukkah party to attend tonight for good measure). Only 6 days until our first family celebration (gifts purchased: 0), with another a week later, and two more the 24th and 25th (gifts purchased for the other three celebrations: 5, 80% of which are for recipients too young to know the difference, and the other 20% for someone who says she no longer wants the non-returnable item). And cards, and gifts for friends, and and and!

Tis the season for insanity, fa la la la la la la la la!

*We're not pushing the potty training but Natalie has learned to remove her diapers and spends a lot of time yelling "No diaper! No diaper!" so we are going with the flow, so to speak.

1 Comments:

  • can't wait to hear about the shower!! Will you post if there is anything the internets can do to contribute??

    & seriously- how horrible is it to log on to blog lines & see every effing blog in bold. It is sooo overwhelming.

    xoxo to you all.

    By Blogger calliope, at 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home